THE POLYMER SOCIETY OF KOREA

연구논문 초록집

초록 검색

세션명 Molecular Electronics Division (I) (English)
발표장 한라홀B
논문코드 1L4-6
발표일 2019-10-10
발표시간 15:55-16:20
논문제목 Unraveling the Origin of Operational Instability of Quantum Dot Based Light-Emitting Diodes
발표자 배완기
발표자 소속 성균관대학교
저자 배완기
소속 성균관대학교
논문초록 I present the origin of operational instability in the quantum dot (QD) based light-emitting diodes (QLEDs). From the comparative analysis of electrical and optoelectronic characteristics of QLEDs in relationship with photophysical properties of the QD emissive layers, I uncover that the device degradation occurs via two distinct processes. The first is the luminescence efficiency drop of the QD emissive layer as a result of accumulation of excess charge carriers in QDs. The other is the electron leakage toward the hole transport layer (HTL) that accompanies irreversible HTL’s degradation. These two main mechanisms appear to contrast in respects to the time scale and the reversibility, but have a single origin, the imbalance between electron and hole injection rates into QDs. The understanding gained from the present study offers practical guidelines that promise the realization of high performance QLEDs with proven operational stability.